Friday, October 21, 2016
paddock time 7:00PM (tentative)
Prince George’s Equestrian Center, Upper Marlboro, MD
The purpose of these races are so that the WIHS and USPR staff can review possible entrants for the WIHS Shetland Pony Steeplechase Races. Entrants in the WIHS Qualifier Race are not necessarily guaranteed a spot in the WIHS Steeplechase Races later in the month.
- ALL new ponies and new pony and rider combinations must be pre-screened by US Pony Racing before being considered to participate in this series.
- No stallions or mares over 5 months in foal.
- No foals, dogs/pets or horses/ponies that are not entered on race day are allowed on premises.
- USPR and the WIHS reserve the right to refuse any entry for any reason.
- All riders must wear a current ASTM/SEI or NSA approved helmet, a protective vest, yoke, overgirth, safety stirrups, signed release with proof of health insurance, and agree to the terms of the USPR Pony Pact. No whips or blinkers allowed.
- Space for entries is limited. Ponies/riders who started at the 2016 Devon pony races have priority. ALL interested, entries pony and or rider, are required to attend a practice session. Contact email@example.com for details.
- All entries must present a Health Certificate and proof of a negative Coggins , or they will not be permitted to enter the grounds.
All ponies must be at least 5 years old and be acceptable to the committee.
SPACE IS LIMITED. These races serve as a practice for the WIHS International Horse Show Shetland Steeplechase Exhibition. The WIHS will be selecting entries based on their performance at this qualifier event, as well as previous performances earlier in the year. Entries selected to participate in the WIHS Shetland Pony Steeplechase must understand that it is an “exhibition” and must adhere to USPR policies, which will be outlined to entries selected to participate. Those trainers, riders, parents, and owners who can not adhere to USPR policies will not be permitted to be a part of the USPR Shetland Steeplechase Exhibition Team.
Entrants must participate in at least one steeplechase race practice with the group in the month prior to the event. Scheduled practices are 10/8 @ 2:30pm and 10/12 @ time TBA, both are at the Baltimore County Agricultural Center on Shawan Rd.
ENTRY FEE $25
ENTRIES CLOSE Monday, October 17th at NOON (payment must accompany entry to be accepted). Entries must be pre-approved at a practice session.