Saturday, August 26th, paddock time 10:00AM
Post time for the Maryland State Fair Pony Flat Races will be 10:45AM. Pony races will run before post time of live Thoroughbred racing. Please check back for changes.
- ALL new ponies and new pony and rider combinations must be pre-screened by US Pony Racing.
- Anyone wishing to enter a lead line race, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org beforehand to see if your entry qualifies. In order to create a safe and fun event, ALL lead line entries will be provided with a “leader”, as per the request of MD Jockey Club. In the “assisted” division, the entry should provide the spotter, but can not interfere with the speed of the pony.
- No stallions or mares over 5 months in foal.
- No foals, dogs/pets or horses/ponies that are not entered on race day are allowed on race track premises.
- USPR and the MJC reserve the right to refuse any entry for any reason.
- All riders must wear a current ASTM/SEI or NSA approved helmet, a protective vest, yoke, overgirth, safety stirrups, and signed release.
- First time entries pony and or rider, are required to attend a practice session. Contact email@example.com for details. There will be one practice session organized locally, any other approvals beyond that may be charged for review.
- All entries must present a Health Certificate and proof of a negative Coggins test at the stable gate, or they will not be permitted to enter the grounds.