Saturday, October 22, 2016 paddock time TBD
Laurel Park, Laurel, MD
Post time for the Maryland Million Pony Races will be announced as the MD Million Schedule is firmed up. Races will run in between LIVE TB races, most likely after 1:00PM. Small and Shetland ponies may run together and be awarded separately, Large and Medium may run together and be awarded separately. Please check back for changes.
- ALL new ponies and new pony and rider combinations must be pre-screened by US Pony Racing.
- Due to the timing of sanctioned flat races, pony race distances will not be longer than the last turn to the finish line. ALL ponies are expected to be able to pull up immediately after the wire and return to the winner’s circle.
- Space is VERY limited for trailers. Trailer-pooling is essential and may require a stop at the local shopping center parking lot to consolidate.
- No stallions or mares over 5 months in foal.
- No foals, dogs/pets or horses/ponies that are not entered on race day are allowed on race track premises.
- USPR and the MJC reserve the right to refuse any entry for any reason.
- All riders must wear a current ASTM/SEI or NSA approved helmet, a protective vest, yoke, overgirth, safety stirrups, and signed release. No whips or blinkers allowed.
- First time entries pony and or rider, are required to attend a practice session. Contact email@example.com for details.
- NO ADVERTISING ON THE TRACK. Riders may not wear clothing or tack with advertising while on the racetrack.
- All entries must present a Health Certificate and proof of a negative Coggins test at the stable gate, or they will not be permitted to enter the grounds.
Mounts may be measured, but permanent pony cards are accepted. TB ponies that have run on the track under rules in the last year are not eligible for these races.
All ponies must be at least 5 years old and be acceptable to the committee.
Ponies who have raced have priority to entry, otherwise a draw will determine who gets in. Space may be limited.